sábado, 9 de agosto de 2014

Stunned mother finds 'wriggling worm' inside Sainsbury's beef burger


I've lost my appetite: The object Anne claims was a worm in her burger. (SWNS)

A disgusted mother-of-two claims she bit into a Sainsbury’s beef burger and found a ‘wriggling worm' inside.

Horrified Anna Seth-Smith, 44, was enjoying a family holiday barbecue when she cut into the quarter-pounder - and the 'parasite' fell out.

The primary school teacher had purchased the 'butchers choice' beef burger from the Sainsbury's in Helston, Cornwall, along with some sausages.

She was about to give the burger to her daughter on Wednesday evening when she put it on a plate to check it was cooked and what she believed to be a worm appeared.

Anna, from London, reckons the foreign object in her meat was a tapeworm - a claim which Sainsbury's strongly deny.

The supermarket say any foreign object of this kind would not have survived the mincing or cooking process.

Anna reported the case to the department of Environmental Health at Cornwall Council the following morning who collected the burger and the worm for analysis.

Anna and Jon Heath with their children Elena and Atticus and the beef quarterpounders they bought from Sainsbury's. (SWNS)

Sainsbury's apologised but said it was confident the object was not a tapeworm.

Anna, who was on holiday in Helston with her partner Jon Heath, daughter Elena, seven, and Atticus, 15 months, said: 'We were just cooking them on a BBQ with some sausages which were also from Sainsbury's.

'I had prepared a really lovely green salad and we were just getting ready to eat. We got one of the burgers off the BBQ and put one on a plate to check it was cooked and before we knew it a vigorously wriggling tapeworm appeared out of the meat.

'We just starred at it in shock. It just wriggled and wriggled and then died. We are just horrified. I was going to give it to my daughter, imagine that. It makes me feel sick just thinking about it.'

Sainsbury's has apologised for the burger to Mrs Seth-Smith. (SWNS)

The shocked couple quickly threw the other three burgers away.

Anna added: 'I just feel appalled - what if the whole batch is contaminated and people have already bought them and haven't eaten them and they are just sitting in their fridge?

'It definitely put us off our food and I have gone off burgers completely.

'I guess it is one of those urban legends. People talk about it happening, but as you don't know of anyone who it is happened to you just assume it isn't really a problem.

'I never would have imagined it would happen to us.'

Sainsbury's said: 'We are confident that this is not a tapeworm. Our British mince beef is inspected throughout production and our supplier has confirmed they have had no issues reported.
We'd like to apologise to Mrs Seth-Smith for her experience.'

Anna said she will report the incident to supermarket once she has been given the results from Environmental Health.

Sainsbury's denied the object found in Anna's burger was a tapeworm.

A spokesperson for the supermarket chain said:"This is not a tapeworm - something which has been confirmed by a veterinarian. It is completely false to suggest so."

Experts are still trying ascertain what kind of worm the family discovered and how it entered the food.


SOURCE: YAHOO

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

TELL US WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?
DINOS QUE PIENSAS TU DE ESTO?

nRelate Posts Only

Follow by Email

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Seguidores

Entradas Recientes

Blogger Widgets

Entradas populares

Jack White Ft. Chloe Lukasiak & Zack Venega - Love Is Blindness

BIANCA RYAN FT CHLOE LUKASIAK "ALICE"

AREA 7 - NI MEJOR NI PEOR

NIA SIOUX FRAZIER - STAR IN YOUR OWN LIFE

MACKZ - I GOTTA DANCE

DAY AND NIGHT - MACKENZIE ZIEGLER AND JOHNNY ORLANDO